AZURIA / Experience Investigation
“How Azuria helped a major Life Insurer increase the growth success and profitability of their Corporate portfolio”
The Project – The Client’s initiative was to refresh their corporate pricing basis, ensuring the right assumptions are being accurately applied in their pricing model.
- Technical Review of the Corporate Pricing Model
- Experience Investigation of the Corporate Pricing Basis
- Peer Review of the application of Experience Rating Factor on an individual scheme level
- Peer Review of the application of Occupational Rating Factor on an individual scheme level.
Azuria Partner’s Contributions:
- An experienced actuary familiar with corporate portfolio management analysis and conducted a detailed experience review for the life insurer.
- Analysed the experience investigation including examination of potential new rating factors and whether they could produce any different risk segmentation of the portfolio.
- Project Management of the entire experience investigation process, including any stakeholder reviews, Appointed Actuary Advice and Management Sign-offs.
- Documentation and approval: Presented findings to the Life Insurer Executive team, and supported the Appointed Actuary in obtaining Actuarial Advice.
- The client was pleased with the services performed
- Azuria’s contributions enabled the insurer to price products with confidence
- The insurer’s pricing team developed a deeper understanding of the portfolio, allowing them to price more granularly